About Village Christian Church
Village Christian Church is a community of loving believers that began in 1957. Since that time we have journeyed many paths with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. At this moment, we believe that the following statements best represent who we are:
Statement of Calling:
God is calling Village Christian Church to be a church without walls, living and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ, journeying from the Table into the community and inviting all.
- A Home Center for persons beginning and those continuing their spiritual journey in the love of Jesus Christ
- A Sanctuary for all who desire true peace, rest and encouragement
- A Launching Pad to live the Good News of Jesus Christ
How will God take us where God is calling us?
- By empowering us to build a small, strong worshipping community of at least 150 active members
- By helping leaders and teachers to provide a safe environment for every person to question, explore and be creative in their study of the Bible and their journey of Christian spirituality
- By equipping Christ's followers with understanding of the depth and breadth of the Bible, theology, and the spiritual disciplines; thus transforming 'average' followers into learned ministers of the Gospel
- By showing us how to truly live and love as an intergenerational, multi-gifted family of God
- By encouraging every disciple of Christ to serve with the gifts that the Spirit has granted them
Meet our Pastor
About the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
The Disciples congregations celebrate the Lord's Supper every Sunday. The table is open. That means that all Christians are invited to respond to Christ's invitation to draw closer to Him around the communion table. For Disciples, the open table is a powerful symbol of our deep commitment to Christian unity. The open table honors diversity even as it celebrates unity in Christ. All are welcome. Come to the welcome table!
The chalice symbolizes the central place of communion in worship for the Christian Church (DOC). The X-shaped cross of the disciple Andrew is a reminder of the sacrifice of Christ, the call to discipleship, the ministry of the laity, and the importance of telling others about our faith.
The Christian Church (DOC) is a self-governing congregation in voluntary association with other congregations of Disciples of Christ in the United States and Canada. We are one of the major Protestant denominations in the United States, having originated on the frontiers of America in the early 1800's.
We believe that God is calling the Christian Church to be a faithful, growing church that demonstrates true community, deep Christian spirituality and a passion for justice. This is our vision.
For more information on the Christian Church (DOC) visit www.disciples.org.